THIS IS JUST A FYI – PINE GROVE MIGHT BE DOWN TO ONE AMBULANCE SO EXPECT DELAYS IN RESPONSE
A Schuylkill County Ambulance caught fire Tuesday afternoon in Lebanon County.
Emergency personnel were called to Interstate 81 near the Interstate 81/78 split in Union Township, Lebanon County around 12:45pm for an ambulance fire.
The ambulance was reported to have belonged to Pine Grove.
For those of you who do not look at FB I’m posting this here also
Swatara Village residents – Next time you visit the “Village” library do take a look at the albums with lots of pictures which show the village from the beginning. Lots of fun paging through them. Thank you to Iris, Ginny and Helen for working over the winter putting them together. There is also a binder with the articles Russ Maurer wrote when he worked for the Press Herald. The articles are “View From the Village”. There is a lot of Swatara Village history inside the binder. You will find the binders on the shelf next to the copy machine. If you take a binder home please sign it out on the sheet on the shelf. The binders will be down in the Clubhouse by the end of the week. Enjoy
Received this in my e-mail and shared on FB. So for those of you who are not on FB I’m posting it here.
OLD PEOPLE PRIDE
- Old People are easy to spot at sporting events; during the playing of the National Anthem. Old People remove their caps, cover their hearts, stand at attention and sing without embarrassment. They know the words and believe in them.
- Old People remember World War II, Pearl Harbor, Guadalcanal , Normandy , and Hitler. They remember the Atomic Age, the Korean War, The Cold War, the Jet Age and the Moon Landing. They remember the 50 plus Peacekeeping Missions from 1945 to 2005, not to mention Vietnam ..
- If you bump into an Old People on the sidewalk he will apologize. If you pass an Old People on the street, he will nod or tip his cap to a lady. Old People trust strangers and are courtly to women and treat them with great respect.
- Old People hold the door for the next person and always, when walking, make certain the lady is on the inside for protection.
- Old People get embarrassed if someone curses in front of women and children and they don’t like any filth or dirty language on TV or in movies.
- Old People have moral courage and personal integrity. They seldom brag unless it’s about their children, grandchildren or their animals.
- It’s the Old People who know our great country is protected, not by politicians, but by the young men and women in the military serving their country.
This country needs Old People with their work ethic, sense of responsibility, pride in their country, and decent values.
We need them now more than ever.
Thank God for Old People